Cetaphil Skin Care
Skin, as we all know, is the visible human organ that is more extended and responsible for covering our whole body protecting at the same time internal organs. But it isn’t always in the most appropriate conditions and when this happens we must pay attention, since on its aspect as our health can be reflected, so can be aging, diseases and any type of condition.
Importance of skin
Skin is the biggest organ of the body and provides a compact appearance by covering the whole body, its thickness will depend on the area that is being covered by it; thus in the eyelids it is very thin and has half a millimeter of thickness at most, while on the plants of hands and feet counts with at least four centimeters of thickness. Skin is essential for our body; its importance is based on the following functions:
- It constitutes a barrier against external agents. Skin prevents the entrance of foreign elements and avoids the direct contact of external objects with internal organs and tissues and also prevents the entrance of chemical elements from outside. Without skin the body would be unprotected.
- It contains the receptors of sensations; skin is by preference the organ of sensibility. Through it we are able to perceive external temperatures, which constitutes a warning that permits us protect our body from heat or cold that could damage it. The tact allows us to perceive also the pressure that objects exert over the body and a variety of sensations like pleasurable as painful contacts.
- It regulates body temperature through the functioning of sweat glands and capillaries of the skin. Broadly speaking skin works in the following way: when the external temperature is cold, the capillaries are contracted therefore less blood reaches the skin producing less loss of heat of the body. When the external temperature corresponds to heat, the capillaries are dilated and the sweat glands produce more sweat that goes outside the body to the surface of skin. The sweat evaporates and drags with it the heat helping to cool the body.
What could affect skin deterioration and aging?
The natural process of aging can be accelerated because of external factors like temperature, weather, tobacco, humidity, stress and alcohol. Fortunately these days people is becoming more conscious about sunbaths, since sunlight has a great incidence on the deterioration of skin and the sun radiation accelerates the emergence of wrinkles.
At the same time, the deterioration of skin can be produced by organic wear, chromosomal mutations, and the progressive rigidity of the collapse and accumulation of free radicals, in other words to the thickening of skin which is the reason why it gets wrinkled worsening its aspect. Also skin atrophy can be produced as alterations on elastic, reticulin and collagen fibbers.
To fight against all of those conditions, there are a variety of preventive and healing treatments; among them the line Cetaphil presents the Cetaphil Moisturising Cream which provides a very effective treatment against skin deterioration and dehydration, to prevent the emergence of wrinkles or marks of age.
The emergence of spots on the skin
Spots on the skin are alterations on the color of skin that can be caused by a variety of factors. Many of them like moles or spots produced by pregnancy are mostly are aesthetical problem. Some other times certain spots like liver spots have as a main cause the bad functioning of liver or some other organ therefore its treatment also requires an internal healing process. The reason why these spots emerge is because of a bad distribution of melanin on skin, the melanin is a pigment that allows the skin becoming darker so it can protect itself from sunlight, the accumulation of melanin on certain areas produce the emergence of spots.
Among the main types of spots on skin we can find:
- Freckles. They are accumulation of pigment which is produced with a rounded shape and in a non uniform way over skin. Freckles do not represent any unsuitable situation in terms of health, and sometimes they disappear with the pass of time. They are more abundant on people of white skin than on skinned people. They become more abundant with the exposition to sunlight.
- Spots. They can have a brownish coloration and even a black coloration, with a flat aspect or with relief. They are produced by a excess of pigmentation or the accumulation of many blood vessels. They are of a congenital character. With the pass of the time they tend to disappear or to grow, they do not represent any physical problem although in many times they suppose to be an aesthetical problem (They must be carefully observed in order to detect in time itching, bleeding, a sudden change of coloration, size or shape, in which cases the person must see a dermatologist).
- Spots produced by an excessive exposure to sunlight. The excessive exposure to sunlight can trigger the overproduction of melanin; they have an irregular aspect compared with freckles.
- Bluish spots. They can appear as a consequence of a hit, sometimes they can appear with no evident cause and in a habitual way. They can be the response to many factors like the medication based on anticoagulant products, problems of coagulation in blood and other conditions related.
- Melanomas. They are spots related to serious conditions and can emerge on different tones such as coffee, black or tan with irregular borders.
Pustules or pimples
These are elevations of skin of a reddish color with pus on the inside; they are comprised among the most important manifestations of acne. They tend to open suddenly leaving the pus to escape and healing after that. They usually emerge due to hormonal change, since hormonal changes can trigger an overproduction of fat which is accumulated on pores producing the emergence of a pimple.
Cetaphil takes care of your skin
The line of Cetaphil offers a variety of products dedicated to general skin care.